aldo, bargainmakeup, bargainshopping, boots, christmas, christmasparty, colourpop, cvs, dcblog, elfmakeup, fashion, fauxfur, furvest, holidayfashion, holidayparty, lifestyleblog, liptstick, Makeup, party, Style, styleblog, turtleneck
I honestly don’t think I’ve attended more holiday parties than I did this year. For one of my looks, I decided to show off my Texas roots and wear shimmery gold cowboy boots and a dark green faux fur vest. I also stayed true to the traditional Christmas colors by adding one of my favorite red lipsticks. Details on this look are below!
I’ll do a more extensive post on my makeup staples, but for this look, I used the following:
- Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me! Liquid Foundation in “Cappucino” & “Coconut” *(I mix to get the right shade) – $5
- Pressed Powder: CoverGirl Queen Collection Matte Pressed Powder in “Golden” -$6
- Eyeshadow: e.l.f. Palette from Urban Outfitters – $10
- Eyeliner: L’Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black – $7
- Mascara: Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Very Black: $6
- Contouring: Ulta Powder Contour Kit: $18
And for the star of the show…
Lipstick: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipstick in “London Fog” – $6
This look exemplifies my style in that I love to take classic pieces and dress them up with colors and textures. I knew I wanted to wear the boots and the vest, and the black top and pants were the perfect backdrop that let the statement pieces stand out on their own.
Vest: Gift from my Mom (Macy’s)
Black turtleneck: H&M – $12
Black shiny leggings: Garage – $15
Cowboy Boots: Aldo (Clearance from last Holiday Season) – $30